Sugeng rawuh... Selamat datang... Ahlan wa sahlan... Welcome...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brotherhood (part Wonosobo)

"We're going to Wonosobo, then Batang on the following three days. Make a route with the GPS." my brother said in a quite morning. I haven't 100% wake up yet, so i just ignore it. You know, hearing something that too serious in the morning is just like a dream. Real or fantasy? I'm not realy sure. haha

the D-day comes!
Mountain sandals, jeans, t-shirt plus jacket, and helmet. Yes, we are ready to go! No, we're not going by bus or car, we're motorcycling. By the GPS, i know that start on my place (Jogjakarta) to wonosobo needs about 4 hours with about 170km distance. So, we prepare the motorcycle, stamina, and of course our butt. We'll plan to get rest every 2 hours riding. Don't push ur self on driving, it'll be dangerous.

Wonosobo is a regency in central java. It's located between Sindoro and Sumbing mountain. So, you can imaging about how great the view is, the temperature, and also the people. Lies on about 300 to 2300 meter above sea level, wonosobo is a  perfect place for farming including vegetables, tea, coffee, tobacco, etc. Dont ask me about the temperature when I got there, I think I just outside of equator. I dont know for sure about the number of temperature, maybe under 20 celsius. No, dont laugh at me. For me as Indonesian, it's enough to make shiver on me.

Morning in wonosobo is more and more freezing. My householder said that I can make it a little bit warm if I sit in front the "pawon". Pawon means traditional stove made from clay. Almost every house use it.


Pawon

My householder placed the pawon on his third floor of his house. Dont imaging its a big or great house. As you know, this is densely populated area. People here built their house upward not widen. Small but high. :)

drying the tobacco leafs

Tobacco hanging on the roof is something usual there. It can increase family income if they sell it or reduce family outlay by using their own tobacco for smoking. Yap, almost every men become active smoker there. They smoke to make their body warmer. They also put incense or kemenyan in their cigarette that make unusual aroma.

masjid

see, its a crowded place

mt sindoro from the rooftop

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment